Role : Application/Performance Management and Support Specialist
Location : Philadelphia, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Denver, Co, Salt Lake City, UT
Duration : Long Term
NO OPT CPT H1B
Required Technical Skills:
- Candidate should be able to configure New Relic across hybrid cloud (AWS, Openshift.)
- New Relic and DevOps is the primary need – AWS and Openshift good to have.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining New Relic
- Collaborate with Application/Ops/Engineering teams to configure custom dashboards/alerts/reports on an as-needed basis. (NRQL)
- Integrating and configuring New relic with AWS, to expose Amazon CloudWatch metrics and logs within New Relic
- Instrumenting New Relic for Digital channels (Web and mobile devices) to track the usability metrics and also enable distributed tracing from mobile device to the app layer, service layer, and database
- Configuring New relic to measure metrics within an On-prem network, Openshift platform, capture metrics within the application running within the pod and also capture cluster-level metrics
- Instrumenting and capturing metrics from JVM for java applications and .NET runtime for .NET applications
- Monitor and provide insights into hybrid apps that have some layers deployed within the public cloud and some within private cloud deployed in internal data centers
- Capture metrics and performance hotspots from RDBMS (MySQL) servers – No SQL (Cassandra, Redis, and Dynamo DB). Nice-to-Have
- Setup/Build dashboards that summarize enterprise application and infrastructure performance trends (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) reports.
- Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical enterprise applications from the end-user perspective.
- Setup up an alert mechanism (Synthetic, API/ Health, Logging (New Relic, Splunk) to notify application/infrastructure teams for any deviations from the defined threshold and Integrate with the tools like ServiceNow for incident creation and tracking.
- Use subject matter expertise to understand the current monitoring mechanism and identify gaps and provide recommendations with industry best practices.