Location: Washington DC (Remote Start)
Duration: 1 year plus contract
Interview Process: Phone Interview and Zoom Meeting
Will only accept candidates living in (NJ, NY, DEL, PA, VA, MD, and DC)
Visa accepted: GC & USC Only
- Java (Spring/Hibernate framework)
- AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, S3) Experience
- Banking Experience
- We are looking for Java AWS Developers with strong expertise solving complex problems and developing enterprise scale distributed web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Technical Leads in developing key components of next generation market risk platforms.
- Collaborate with Agile/Product/Business teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions using full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Use open source technologies to solve complex problems and deliver elegant solution to meet business and technical solutions.
- Develop and integrate back-end microservices & APIs using technologies such as REST, XML, JSON, Spring Boot.
- Hands-on with building UI using Angular/React with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML.
- Create design and solutions documents and review documents with various stakeholders.
- Engage teams and stakeholders to gather, clarify and document requirements.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers.
- Design and execute test cases for software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Perform automated testing for all the new code being developed.
- Participate in Agile team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demos and team retrospectives.
- Act as strong individual contributor in Agile team to help team meet sprint goals.
- Demonstrate logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills in solving complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise scale distributed web applications.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in programming in Java.
- 3+ years in Object Oriented Design patterns and multi-threaded systems.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building and deploying applications in AWS; experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, Batch, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS and S3 (API), SDK, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline.
- Hands on experience using JAVA open source libraries such as Spring framework (including Spring Cloud), Hibernate, Jackson, iText, Apache Common, HttpClient, HTTP Core, Xerces, Apache POI, Apache FOP, Apache Log4j, OpenTelemetry, OpenCensus, Open Tracing.Strong experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
- Strong experience with Container-based virtualized deployment- e.g. Docker (AMI), ECS and ECR
- Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience with building RESTful Web Services.
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and Shell Scripting.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock, Cucumber, Robot Framework.
- Hand-on experience or knowledge of enterprise integration patterns such as Enterprise Service Bus (Publish/Subscribe) and Single Sign-on Integration patterns.
- Highly experienced with Agile methodologies, rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- Experience working with financial or scientific modeling software applications; financial industry and analytics experience highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills