I am a resource professional with Whiz Global, IT Staffing Firm, I have below job opportunity with one of my clients, please advise if you are available in the job market and if yes, please go through it and send me your most recent resume.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location – St. Louis, MO
Certifications are a big plus
Senior Level – Strong communication skills
Ability to lead / provide guidance to other technical individuals
Must have CI/CD tools, config management, automation tools – Puppet, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
Linux is required
e-Commerce and Akamai are a big Plus but not required
Relevant tools and exposure:
-Experience working in a DevOps or Agile environment
• 3 – 5 years’ experience developing CI/CD solutions.
• Experience using source control and deployment tools, such as Automic, Jenkins, Git, and/or Puppet.
• Expertise using logging, ITOA, and APM products such as TrueSight, Splunk, or AppDynamics.
• Experience with Oracle Web Commerce (ATG)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
• Proficient with a wide array of data mining, and messaging tools and techniques.
-Java Middleware administration (JBoss EAP or similar)
-Scripting language experience, especially Bash and Python
-Configuration management tools, especially Puppet -Troubleshooting applications and log analysis.
Experience with Atlasian products (Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.)
-Exposure or knowledge of continuous integration and deployment relate tools is helpful. This includes Jenkins.
HR Job Description
The person in this position will report to the IT Ordering/eCommerce department’s operational support team. As a front-line responder in a constantly changing ecosystem, this support team member is responsible for working with Company’s internal and external resources to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues effecting the stability of a platform responsible for generating millions of sales, through multiple channels, for a Fortune 100 company.
We are an organization that prides ourselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime, therefore, it is critical this individual possesses a proactive, assertive personality, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a great eye for detail, and the ability to perform a root cause analysis in a highly complex environment. As part of a lean operating team, resilience and adaptiveness are “must have” characteristics in this team player.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As an integral part of the support team and an advocate of quality performance, some of the key responsibilities of Application Support Specialist include:
• Develops and or enhances CI/CD pipeline solutions for the IT Ordering/eCommerce department’s operational support team.
• Quickly responds to incident alerts and support calls. Identifies, and coordinates with, teams critical to the event’s resolution, sets up bridge calls, and escalates when necessary.
• Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including support teams and internal leadership.
• Develops and executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods.
• Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance.
• Assists in elevating the performance of other support team members.–