Job Title Devops Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
12 months Duration
Rate:55/hr on C2C
● Min 3+ experience in the following in HPC and AWS:
○ Deep Knowledge of Linux system administration
○ Experience on High Performance Computing clusters a must
○ Good understanding of Linux Operating Systems such as RHEL, Ubuntu
○ Good command over scripting languages such as Bash or Perl
○ Experience with Scientific Computing tools: Compilers and applications
○ Experience with HPC Job schedulers such as UGE, LSF or Slurm
○ Experience with monitoring platforms such as Nagios or Icinga
● Desired (at least 2) :
○ Configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
○ Storage technologies, especially NFS, GPFS and SMB
○ Experience with other languages such as Python, R, C or Java
○ Experience with profiling and debugging tools
○ Experience with high-performance networks such as Infiniband
○ Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
○ Good understanding of Linux Networking and Security.
• Exact work location: Pleasanton, CA.
• ***This role has No Visa Restrictions. However, Resource MUST have a current valid work authorization for employment in the specific role for at least 6 months beyond the projected assignment end date.
• Will the client pay for travel and expenses: No as this is a local role, once the Covid restrictions are taken off in the next few weeks.
• Average day in the life of this role: Supporting HPC clusters – support of HPC pipeline, ensure sufficient compute resources are available, provide onsite support for scientists; support hardware as necessary.
• Primary Skill Set for this role: High Performance Computing, Linux DevOps
• “must-have” skills for this role:
1. HPC Job schedulers such as UGE, LSF or Slurm
2. Good command over scripting languages such as Bash or Perl
3. Storage technologies, especially NFS, GPFS and SMB
4. CM tools such as Ansible or Puppet
– Required Education:
– Bachelor's degree
– Preferred Education:
– Master's degree
• 3+ years of experience required for each skill.
• “nice-to-have” skills : Knowledge of computing in scientific research. Good understanding of Linux Networking and Security
• This role is not remote- candidate Needs to be onsite.
• Interview Process: 1 round with Project, 1 round with client. In the current situation this will be over