Cognos BI Developer (2 openings)
6 month contract w/ possible extension
US CITIZENS ONLY
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, 30318
Start Date: ASAP
MUST Have Excellent Communications Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 6-month contract to hire position. The client is ONLY interested in considering candidates who will be open to becoming a full time employee after the 6-month contract period. Please do not submit anyone who does not meet that qualification.
– Support a business intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products
– Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical
– Work with DBAs, report authors and system administrators to track down and improve or eliminate
bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment
– To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Analytics 11.x
– Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
– 5-7 years of Cognos BI experience.
– Strong understanding of Data warehouse and business intelligence concepts and best practices processes.
– Experience with administration, deployment and security setups within Cognos.
– Strong experience in creating Framework models with different layers.
– Strong experience with Report development.
– Experience creating Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
– Experience and Proficiency in writing Oracle SQL queries.
– Experience with Cognos report performance tuning.
– Good understanding of Java scripts usage in Cognos.
– Strong experience in creating OLAP Cubes using Cognos Transformer.
– Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communications skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify
requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
– Some knowledge of Oracle DB Administration
– Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related discipline
– Cognos Analytics 11.x, Framework Manager, Event Studio, Oracle 12c, Relational, OLAP, Star Schema, Multi-dimensional database models.
– Experience with ETL tools like DataStage is a plus.
– Experience with Tableau
This POSITION IS ON-SITE – NO REMOTE