Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Richfield, MN
Client: Best Buy
Duration: 6 Months
Visa: No H1B
It’s a blended Developer position working on the digital infrastructure.
Infrastructure Engineer #18077-1/(old #17389-1)
The Application Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for engineering new solutions for Digital application infrastructure, and then working closely with the Infrastructure Operations team to operationalize new infrastructure ensure successful ongoing management. The team is also responsible for designing, building, and providing day-to-day management of server lab environments, certifying new hardware platforms and configurations, and validating vendor software and firmware updates.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of software applications using Gradle, Groovy, Java & Spring technologies.
- Good experience in the Information Technology Industry and also healthy participation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC including analysis, design, coding.
- Experience in creating and maintaining fully automated CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins for code deployment using Gradle.
- Strong Experience with Server automation with Chef configuration management tools
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Docker ( OpenShift or Kubernetes)
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Apache, NodeJS, HaProxy, Tomcat & Jboss
- Shell programming experience with Bash, strong command-line, and experience with at least one of Perl, Ruby, Python, etc
- Experience with Server monitoring systems like Prometheus or Nagios
- Database administration experience like MySQL, Cassandra & Oracle
- Experience with messaging infrastructure like IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Extensive experience in implementation of the version control software SVN, CVS, Git.
- Used Maven to build, run and create JARs and WAR files among other uses
Highest Priority of Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience
- Must have some experience in performing infrastructure functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of associated systems in technology area
- Experience in analyses, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software
- Creates solutions and automates infrastructure implementations with industry leading tools and technologies
Preferred/nice to have skills:
- Experience guiding team members/directing work through complex development suite of applications/programs
Source Infotech Inc.
3840 Park Avenue, Suite C-205, Edison, NJ-08820