Title: Java Full Stack Developer
Location: Herndon, VA (Will be remote till COVID19)
It is a closable role, if we can find a perfect match
Java w Angular 2 or higher
We are seeking a Java full stack engineer with UX/UI experience using Angular that is willing and able to learn other technologies, new, existing, and old. Then apply this desire and experience in a large data centric environment to support our mission and vision. In this role, you conduct analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of Client database-driven application programs. You will assist the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications, and offer expertise regarding methods, standards, and technical considerations for software applications.
The client is planning on modernizing its application portfolio to be hosted in a hybrid cloud environment from its current on-premise environment. This modernization effort will also include migrating to an open source technology stack. This position works in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal incumbent has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about engineering end-to-end technical solutions. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
How You Contribute:
· Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web and/or cloud based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements. Testing is inclusive of automated testing as part of an automated test suite which has been adopted by the development team.
· Any code developed is expected to conform to defensive coding practices that supports the OWASP Top 10 and is evaluated for security (e.g., cross site scripting, SQL injection) and improper coding practices by tools from the Burp Suite, SonarQube and Fortify.
· Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
· Develop and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability. Applications may have performance SLAs that must be met.
· Create and maintain technical and knowledgebase documentation.
· Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
· Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
· Support production issues as required.
What You Bring to the Table:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
· 4-7 years of related experience including:
o Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
o UI, Mobile/Front end technology (HTML5, CSS, Responsive design, JS frameworks)
o Production support experience in an application development environment.
o MVC frameworks and multi-tier architectures.
o Java EE application server
· 2-3 years of UI/UX development experience using Angular 2 or higher versions.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written, verbal, and Interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working effectively both in a team environment and independently.
· Working knowledge of responsive design techniques for acceptable page rendering regardless of device.