Contract Position: Site Reliability Engineer with Cloud exp
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contract Duration: 6 Months +
Legal Work Status: H1/EAD/ GC/ Citizen
Experience: Overall 12 years with 4+ years as Site Reliability Engineer (Must)
Site Reliability Engineering SRE is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations.
As SREs are responsible for overall system operation, utilizing a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Responsibilities As a Site Reliability Engineer
• You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
• Develop and maintain the large scale infrastructure
• Own build tools and CI CD automation pipeline
• You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large scale systems
• You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
• You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
• You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
• Investigate, diagnose, and resolve performance and reliability problems in a wide range of large scale and high throughput services
• Collaborate with architects and application engineers to ensure applications are maintainable, scalable, and follow appropriate disaster recovery and high availability strategies
• Contributions to handbook, runbooks, and general documentation
• You will remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent job experience required
• Over 4 years of SRE experience
• Strong working knowledge on Amazon AWS / GCP Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in DevOps and CI CD pipelines and build tools like Jenkins.
• Must have great communication skills
• Experience operating a production environment at high scale with emphasis on availability, latency
• Deep knowledge of container orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
• Familiar with configuration management tools and Deployment tools such as Chef, Octopus
• Experience in software development in one or more of the following C, C , Java, Go and or Perl, Python.
• Strong team player with a can do attitude, and the flexibility to jump in wherever needed
• Demonstrable cross functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
• System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and or containers Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
The following are preferred
• You have expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
• You take a system problem solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• You have experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
• You are passionate for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
• You ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
• You thrive in and have experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team.