Role: Senior Java Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Initial 12 month project
Process: Online Assessment and 2 webcams
Visa: USC and GC
The client needs to serve more requests at a faster rate than its current gateway does. The purpose of the team will be to replace the current gateway with a new high-performance API gateway that is simple to configure, is extensible, and easy to deploy.
Technologies: Gatling, Nginx Plus, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Lua
- 5-8 years of enterprise experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
- 3+ years experience translating functional product requirements into application-layer code, and visual designs into functional user interfaces within traditional web applications
- Experience working with API development (REST & SOAP)
- In-depth Core Java Concepts and Class Design
- Understand the purpose of an API Gateway: Clear on what should happen at an API GW layer, a reverse proxy, or at an application layer
- Has an overall architectural understanding of current or recent projects
- Clear with typical code conflict scenarios that would show up as code gets committed to remote repos
- Has the required experience level/knowledge to work on complex development projects.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with implementing web service security
- Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.